The EUGIC Team is pleased to announce the Call for Papers and Projects for the 1st European Urban Green Infrastructure Conference in Vienna, 23 – 24 November 2015.
The Conference will address a range of critically important issues and themes relating to Urban Green Infrastructure in Europe. Key speakers include some of the leading thinkers in these areas. We are inviting proposals for paper presentations and posters/exhibits addressing the urban green infrastructure issue through one of the following themes:
- Why are Green Infrastructure and Ecosystem Services important approaches in the urban realm?
- Green Infrastructure and Ecosystem Services helping to adapt cities to climate change
- Nature is not a place to visit – it’s where we live
- EU budgets with reference to funding from the EU Commission
- The economics of Green Infrastructure
- Nature-based approaches to Green Infrastructure and Ecosystem Services
- Water: Green Infrastructure & Ecosystem Services for Water Sensitive Urban Design
- Urban Heat Islands and energy
- Green Infrastructure and public housing – the health and well-being agenda
- Green Infrastructure in cities – from monitoring to implementation, evaluation and decision tools
- Cities – where they are at and where they want to be
- Business and Biodiversity: opportunities for business through Natural Capital